What a great night…..
- Janis Crook opened the meeting with a welcome to everyone and then confirmed the Minutes of the November meeting had been distributed and agreed without comment.
- Earlier in the year, Joan Davidson summarized her ‘Reflections’ of the W.I. and thanks to Kathryn who has produced our Centenary booklet, which includes Joan’s and other members’ memories. Every member was given a copy and Joan was presented with a copy, signed, with thanks, by the Committee.
- A proposed day trip to the Bowes Museum and Christmas Market will be postponed until 2020.
- The three night trip to York is confirmed for March 27-30th ,2020, and will be limited to 30 people so if you are interested please sign up with Janis Crook or Kathryn Archibald.
- Janis reminded members to check out the details of the shortlisted Resolutions, which are in WI. Life and will be recapped and voted on at our January 6th, 2020 meeting.
- The Christmas Coffee and Carols will be on December 5th. Thanks to Margaret Reece who created the table decorations and to Celia Collinson who arranged the entertainment.
- Birthday wishes and cards were given to Sandy Clements and Claire Smith and the flowers presented to Anthea Allanson.
Christmas Party Entertainment
Janis welcomed Mispent Yuke and in the words of the song….’got the party started’ and boy, did we have a good time, dancing, singing and generally enjoying the music and banter from the group.
Party Supper Thanks
We enjoyed an outstanding supper, planned and pulled together by Ethel Cook, Judith Williams, Margaret Reece, with help from a number of other ladies. Thanks to Ken Oliver who helped with the set-up of the large round tables.
The next meeting will be our Member’s Evening so please sign up with Celia if you have not already done so. There are still places available in the following workshops:
- Winter flowers and foliage
- First steps in bridge
- Social media for beginners
The next meeting will be on January 6th, 2020 at 7pm in The Alnmouth Golf Club, Clubhouse
On behalf of the Committee, we wish you all a healthy, happy and fun-filled Christmas and a great New Year.